Home

Stanton Health Center is so Thankful for our Residents, Volunteers and Staff!

We have had a FUN-filled summer! It started out with the 4th of July and Parade. It was warm but the resident’s enjoyed seeing everyone and eating popsicles to keep cool!

Then there was the Stanton County Fair!!

Thank you once again to the VFW for the wonderful meal after we enjoyed the fair.

Until Next Year!!!

We enjoyed a road trip to see Vlasta Zrust’s flower gardens. She gave us a tour around her property and talked to the resident’s about some of her flowers.

We joined with Friends of the Library to have “Houdini” the Trick Horse visit.

Assisted Living Week

2019

We had a busy week!!

Inez Barth joined us to present her “Around the Town” presentation on the history of Stanton.

We took a trip to Yankton, SD to see the dam and the aquarium on Tuesday. On the way home we detoured into Fordyce to visit Diane’s Greenhouse and get our fall flower fix! Then ended the day going through Dairy Queen and having ice cream.

Wednesday was wine tasting with Roz from the Uptown….

HALLOWEEN!!!

Working Together To Keep Our Community Safe

Coming together is a beginning.

Keeping together is progress.

Working together is success.

-Henry Ford-

Stanton Health Center conducted an Emergency Preparedness Drill/Training for the facility which included local entities including; Stanton County Public Power, Stanton Public Schools, Stanton County Emergency Management, Stanton Fire & Rescue, Stanton County Sheriff’s Department along with Asera Care Hospice and Stanton Health Center Employees. The training is required federally to ensure that we have a program in place in case of a disaster. We will be doing this yearly and we appreciate everyone’s participation.

On December 21, 2018 we had a “Facility Explosion” Live Exercise from 1-3 p.m. The event occurred within our Wing 2 & Therapy Gym areas.  The scenario focused on one of our propane tanks exploding causing electrical/ main structural damage and fires.  Numerous staff and bystanders needed immediate rescue and medical treatment from the explosion and the severe exposure of winter within the damaged and surrounding areas that threaten the safety of the entire facility.

Since this was a drill we wanted to make it as real as possible. Lights were out, a smoke machine was used, there was debris strung throughout the therapy room and Dan even had dead wires hanging from the ceiling.

Staff along with Fire/Rescue assisted finding “patients” and getting them the care they needed.

Thank you again to all that helped make this training a success!!